Flu Shots Are Worthless
Despite the billions spent on high tech pharmaceutical drugs, drug companies still can't figure out a cure for the common cold. Soon the government sponsored marketing machine will be promoting a useless (and dangerous in my opinion) flu vaccine shot.
A Chinese doctor in Shanghai told me once that the average person in America gets 3 to 5 colds a year – and for children its double that! Not to mention nagging coughs, wheezing lungs, runny noses and high temperatures. “In China, he said, barely anyone gets the cold or flu, regardless of whether they are very young or very old.”
So What is Their Secret?
Just two years ago, in 2009, we had the Swine Flu pandemic and the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control spent hundreds of millions with the drug companies to hurry and make a vaccine. It is estimated that between 11-21% of the world population came down with the H1N1 virus anyway, over 18,000 people died from it and the vaccine didn’t even work – and most likely further compromised everyone’s immune system that took it. (Source: Wikipedia)
We take pride in the fact that for customers who followed our Swine Flu Protection Program, we did not get one single report of Swine Flu.
This year we’ve upgraded the program to a Total Winter Wellness Program.12 simple steps to follow, now and forever. This is pure gold. Print it out, follow it and you can kiss the common cold and dreaded flu virus goodbye, most likely forever.
My 12-Step Winter Wellness Program
- Drink more water. Our body composition is 74% water. Fluid and electrolyte balance is a major function of homeostasis (balance), which is our body’s ability to maintain its internal environment as it adjusts to challenges and stress.
Do you have any of these signs of dehydration?
- Thirst, dry mouth, cramping, headaches, weakness, foggy thinking, fatigue, bloating, dark yellow urine, significant weight loss or decreased sweat during exercise
- Cook more meals at home. Winter weather is the perfect time for heavier soups and stews with root vegetables and garlic.
- Increase whole grains.
- Increase sweet vegetables. Red and yellow peppers are deliciously sweet raw or stir-fried and an excellent source of Vitamin C. Carrots and beets are sweet and rich in carotenoids, potent phyto-nutrients that fight free radicals and support immunity. Use these along with other root vegetables to create your comfort food the winter nights.
- Increase leafy green vegetables. Especially Kale, which is one the most nutrient dense foods available.
- Experiment with protein. For the vegetarians who get cold easily, experiment with adding homemade beef both or small amounts of grass-fed beef and/or wild-caught fish to your diet once or twice weekly during the winter. Studies show this may enhance regulation of body temperature.
For more on this topic, read To Meat or Not to Meat by Vanessa Johansson in this month’s Catalyst Magazine and also the 3 Season Diet by John Douillard.
- Consume less dairy, sugar, coffee and alcohol. I don’t really need to mention to mention to eliminate highly-processed, chemically-infused, artificial junk foods and sodas, do I?
- Nurture yourself more often. Spend more time with friends and deeper relationships that support you. Make an appointment for a massage. You will be amazed in the results!
- Eat fermented foods with good for you probiotics every day.
- Find a physical activity you enjoy and do it regularly. Daily exercise is vitally important to your health and well being.
- Find work you love or a way to love the work you have.
- Develop a spiritual practice. Studies have shown this can enhance of your health and life.
Probiotics Reduce the Incidence and Duration of Cold Symptoms
Our immune system, when healthy, has an army of trillions of friendly or good bacteria called probiotics, which line the mucus layer of healthy intestines. It is said that 80% of our immune system is in the intestine. Good bacteria provide immunity we don’t have to work for – they work for us. We just need to provide them with the right environment to keep them nourished.
Live, good for you probiotics are found in fermented foods like yogurt. If you like yogurt, I recommend the dairy-free alternatives made with soy, coconut or almond milks, avoiding growth hormones and other detrimental aspects of cow's milk.
Kimchi is a traditional Korean fermented dish made from vegetables, and Kombucha is fermented black or green tea. You can make your own or purchase at your local grocery or health food store.Sauerkraut is another delicious food to enjoy.
Our Pro-Biotic Max formula is a convenient way to rapidly boost friendly bacteria in your intestines. Each serving contains 10 different strains with 25 Billion live
organisms, blended with herbs specifically for aiding digesting and
elimination of toxins. Take 1 capsule on an empty stomach with 8oz of water and nothing else for 30 minutes.
Click here to get yours!
Vitamin D – especially during the Winter season
n April 2005, a virulent strain of Influenza hit a maximum-security forensic psychiatric hospital in California. In an attempt to limit the outbreak, one infected ward after another was quarantined to limit the outbreak. But one ward was unaffected, even though the patients were heavily exposed to the virus. John J. Cannell, MD, wondered if it was by mere chance that his patients dodged the sickness?
A few months later, Cannell ran across a possible answer in the scientific literature and his colleagues reported that vitamin D boosts production in white blood cells of one of the antimicrobial compounds that defends the body against germs. Immediately, Cannell says, the proverbial light bulb went on in his head: could it have been the high doses of vitamin D he had been administering the vitamin D to his patients.
John J. Cannell is now the Founder and Executive Director of the Vitamin D Council, the definitive authority on Vitamin D deficiency and its related causal effects on health and wellness. Visit his website if you are not familiar with the work particularly with autism and children. Make a donation if you are as moved as I am.
We’ve written countless articles on vitamin D. One of my all-time favorites is CRACKED: The Vitamin D-Vinci Code detailing how vitamin D is responsible for T-cell communication and enabling the mobilization of these “front-line” defenders of our immune system.
Get a bottle of our Ultra D3 formula. It is without a doubt the most powerful vitamin D formulation in the world, containing 5000 iu’s of D-3 in every serving – that’s massive compared to what you’ll find in stores. Plus we added vitamin K2, the forgotten super vitamin/hormone that works in tandem with vitamin D, and critical co-factors Magnesium, Zinc, Boron that boost the potency and antioxidant vitamins A, C & E to mop up free radicals.
Click here to get yours!
Make Your Own Natural Antibiotic Drink
I had the good fortune to meet Rose Kalajean, a master herbalist, animal rights advocate and natural therapies healer here in Florida many years ago. She has a seven acre organic herb farm and is highly skilled in the knowledge and uses of herbal medicine. Visit her website and sign up for her newsletters – they are a wealth of information.
Rose has a powerful natural antibiotic syrup you can make from fresh lemons, garlic and honey that works wonders. I always recommend it for people with suppressed immune system conditions, as well as for general immunity, lowering cholesterol and blood pressure. Kid’s can take it too, but it is strong, so I recommend for children to mix in hot water and sip.
Click here to get the recipe!
Deep Breathing – Winter Wellness for the Lungs
If you have not had the good fortune of spending time in a steam room, I strongly recommend finding a local health club or recreation center and make it a weekly habit this winter. As all mothers know, inhaling warm, moist air aids mucus secretions in the respiratory system, helping congested babies to breathe easier. Steam rooms provide temporary relief from inflammation and congestion of the upper respiratory membranes by loosening secretions and acting as a natural expectorant, stimulating the discharge of mucous from the throat and lungs.
Our Respiratory Lung Health formula naturally enhances oxygenation in the lungs and promotes clearer, easier breathing. Designed as a dual-function formula, Respiratory is useful for anyone who suffers from allergens, lives or works in areas with poor air quality, smokes or has congestion from colds or flu by restoring normal metabolic activity, normalize mucus levels, repair tissue and cool inflammation while keeping the airways open.
Click here to get yours!